Posted by Future Dental Care on Mar 26 2020, 03:22 AM
Wisdom tooth pain is generally due to inflammation of the gum over the erupting tooth, which can be worsened from trauma.
Most flare-ups can be managed with good home care. It should settle in a few days to a week.
1) Excellent cleaning- Even if it is painful to brush, the area must be kept clean for proper healing.
2) Peridex Mouthwash- Avoid using for more than a week as it stains teeth yellow.
3) Soft Diet- Soft food will remove trauma from biting.
4) Painkillers- Ibuprofen/ Tylenol based on manufacturers' instructions and drug interactions.
5) Warm salt water rinses- 3 times a day, helps with reducing gum swelling.
If you have difficulty swallowing, difficulty in opening mouth, and swelling in your face and cheek, please call your dentist as you may need antibiotics or further assistance.
A dental emergency is any situation that occurs that requires immediate dental attention. Dental emergencies can be painful …
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a strong and stable foundation for replacement teeth. Dental implants …
Dental anxiety or phobia is a feeling of dread or fear of visiting the dentist. It can prevent …
Do you know some of our daily habits can wreak havoc on our oral health? Read on what …
Brushing your teeth twice per day and flossing at least once each day is essential for a healthy …
3752 Florence St, Redwood City 94063
Phone: (650) 780-9429
MON - TUE 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
WED 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
THU 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
SAT 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Email: [email protected]
Call: (650) 780-9429