TIPS TO BRUSH RIGHT!
Posted by Future Dental Care on Jul 2 2020, 09:38 AM
Do you want to know the best way to brush your teeth? Are you someone who brushes his/her teeth twice a day and also flosses diligently? Even if you do, there could be something wrong with the technique. Most of the debris might still be in your mouth! Let us have a look at the basics to brush your teeth correctly in the steps below:
- Do not brush back and forth- Imagine your teeth as vertical bamboo sticks, now if a piece of kale is stuck in between your teeth, brushing up and down or in circular motions is even more helpful than horizontal motion.
- Brush your gums- We spend more time brushing on top of our teeth rather than at the gum line. It's important to place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to be able to reach in there easily.
- Reach your back teeth- Close your mouth slightly while brushing your back teeth so that your cheeks let your brush slide in easily, and reach those corners behind your last teeth.
- Pick the right brush- Make sure your toothbrush can reach spaces it needs to cover. Use soft bristle toothbrushes with a small brush head.
- Do not brush too soon- It's tempting to brush right after eating sometimes, but we can actually harm our teeth as there is an acid in food which can wear our teeth. Try waiting for 15-20 minutes after meals or rinse out with water before you brush.
- Brush 2 times a day- Plaque builds up on our teeth every 12 hours, so you must brush at least twice a day. Especially brushing at night is the most important as bacteria get the perfect environment to attack your teeth when you are asleep.
- Brush for two minutes.
- Change the toothbrush when the bristles are bent and dirty.
We are open for regular care again; please feel free to contact us for any questions at https://www.futuredentalcare.com/ or 650-780-9429.
Have a wonderful day! 🙂
Why not take a look at this https://www.marshmanor.com/news/