Posted by Future Dental Care on Apr 11 2020, 03:19 AM
If the tooth is extremely sensitive to cold/ hot, antibiotics may not help. The decay must be removed and filled.
These home measures may help with making symptoms manageable until care can be accessed.
1) Cleaning well with Fluoride toothpaste and reducing sugar intake will help stop decay from getting any worse.
2) If there is a hole in tooth/teeth or a tooth has cracked and is now sensitive/ sharp pain, a temporary filling can be packed into space, which is widely available in supermarkets.
3) Desensitizing toothpaste- Rub toothpaste in the affected area and do not rinse it after for 30 minutes at least.
4) Anesthetic gel such as Orajel can also help with gum pain.
5) Stay away from the following:
Foods and beverages that are very cold or very hot: Since the dentin layer of the tooth (the tissue that lies underneath the outer enamel layer and surrounds the pulp) has likely been exposed by the crack or break in the tooth, extremes in temperature may cause pain.
Foods and beverages that are very high in sugar or are very acidic, as they may irritate the nerve in the tooth.
If nothing helps please call your dentist.
A dental emergency is any situation that occurs that requires immediate dental attention. Dental emergencies can be painful …
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a strong and stable foundation for replacement teeth. Dental implants …
Dental anxiety or phobia is a feeling of dread or fear of visiting the dentist. It can prevent …
Do you know some of our daily habits can wreak havoc on our oral health? Read on what …
Brushing your teeth twice per day and flossing at least once each day is essential for a healthy …
3752 Florence St, Redwood City 94063
Phone: (650) 780-9429
MON - TUE 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
WED 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
THU 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
SAT 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Email: [email protected]
Call: (650) 780-9429