Urgent dental needs-
1) Facial swelling extending to face/ eye/ neck.
2) Broken/ cracked tooth causing pain
4) Significant toothache preventing sleep , eating, associated with significant swelling.
5) Bleeding following extraction. Slight oozing is normal but it should stop within 20-30 minutes of pressure with gauze, just like if you have grazed your elbow.
When to go to ER?
1) Facial swelling affecting vision or breathing, preventing mouth opening more than 2 fingers width.
2) Trauma causing loss of consciousness, double vision or vomiting.
1) Loose/ lost crown or bridge or veneer
2) Broken/loose denture
3) Broken/lost fillings
4) Bleeding gums
5) Chipped teeth with no pain
6) Loose orthodontic wires not poking in cheeks/gums