Although painful, most ulcers take 7-10 days to heal. Non healing ulcers present for more than 3 weeks should be assessed by a dentist/doctor.
What can you do?
1) Excellent cleaning- Clean mouth can encourage healing and prevent more ulcers from forming.
2) Salt mouthwash
3) Soft Diet- To reduce trauma from biting
5) Rubbing dentures- Denture adhesive can help secure the loose dentures. Remove dentures when possible if causing trauma.
6) Peridex Mouthwash- Avoid use >1 week as may cause staining
7) Benzydamine Mouthwash- As needed.